The Canadian Women’s Hockey League held their annual awards ceremony on Tuesday, March 18 at the Hilton Toronto-Markham Suites Conference Centre and Spa. The event served the dual purpose of celebrating the athletes whose performances have stood out throughout the 2013-2014 season and kicking off the start of the CWHL’s playoff series for the Clarkson Cup and the title of champion.
The event included remarks from Prime Minister Stephen Harper and businesswoman Arlene Dickenson.
Last night’s winners are as follows:
- Chairman’s Trophy (awarded to the top team) – The Montreal Stars (42 points in the 2013-14 season)
- Humanitarian Award – Cassie Campbell Pascall
- Angela James Bowl – Ann-Sophie Bettez, Montreal Stars (with 40 points for regular season scoring title)
- Coach of the Year – Sommer West, Toronto Furies
- Rookie of the Year – Jillian Dempsey, Boston Blades (with 28 points)
- Goaltender of the Year – Delayne Brian, Calgary Inferno
- Defenceman of the Year – Cathy Chartrand, Montreal Stars (with 30 points)
- Most Valuable Player – Ann-Sophie Bettez, Montreal Stars