With an influx of hockey papers, pictures and magazines, how do you re-use the memorabilia you’ve collected throughout the season. A hockey bag, purse or gym bag can become a disaster pretty quickly and this weeks project can help with that. The larger pouch easily fits chapstick, bobby pins, tissues, hair elastics, and the 50 other little things that collect in your various bags. The project is supposed to be a clutch and you could certainly make one; although the sizing can easily be modified to make a pouch that fits your needs.
DIY: Carry Pouch and Card Holder
Cost: $10 or less
1. Supplies: hockey magazines, self seal laminating sheets, embroidery thread/elastic/ribbon, button, scissors.
2. Pick an assortment of pictures and make into a collage.
3. Follow the directions for the laminating sheets and laminate your collage.
4. Cut the laminated collage into a perfect square, for a card holder 6×6 works well, for the bigger pouch 12×12.
5. Begin forming the pouch/card holder by folding three corners to the middle and securing them in place with another laminating sheet. (Tip: Before securing, be sure to flip the pouch over and make sure the front design is right side up or angled the way you’d like!)
6. Next, cut the corners of the sides, making the top corner able to fold down farther.
7.Attach a button to the flap (you can do this by punching a hole with scissors or even the tip of a steak knife) and thread the elastic, ribbon or thread to secure. Do the same with the bottom of the pouch with a small loop. This will secure your pouch, so you can close it shut!
Pictures and directions for the DIY idea can be found at the A Beautiful Mess link below. Be sure to browse their site as well, it’s a gem!
If anyone completes the project, send photos to: firstname.lastname@example.org