Hockey fans rejoice! Yesterday the home opener schedule was released and today the teams schedules are up for the upcoming season (only 97 more days until the pre-season, but, who is counting???).
While there are many question marks about who exactly will be on the 2016-2017 New Jersey Devils roster (hopefully to be sorted out if by the NHL Draft this Friday & Saturday or around the July 1st Free Agency shuffle), you can see by the schedule here that it should at least make for some interesting match-ups.
Some items of note:
- The pre-season is the usual kind against the Isles (2x), the Rangers (2x), the Flyers (2x) but one game will be the Devils and Canadiens in the Bell Centre on Mon Sept 26th, and the Devils v Panthers on Sat Oct 8 at Tate Rink in West Point with the Panthers as the home team
- The Devils/Isles pre-season game in the Barclays Center will be the 4th such pre-season match-up in Brooklyn, even though this will be officially the 2nd season that the Isles will call the Barclays their home.
- Devils home opener is Tuesday Oct 18th against the Ducks at 7 PM EST.
- All Friday Night Home Games now will have 7:30 PM start times.
- There are 17 back-to-back games (with 4 separate back-to-backs in Jan)
- The first Rangers/Devils games will be played in MSG in the middle of December and the first home game will be all the way at the end of Feb (Sat Feb 25) which is a lot like it was last season.
- The “St. Paddy” Day game will be a home game on March 17th against the Penguins (last year it was against the Wild, but is usually against the Penguins).
- The last Devils home game of the season will be against the Isles on Sat. Aug 8 at 6 PM
- The last Devils game of the season will be the last regular game in Detroit’s Joe Louis Arena
Also on this Thursday a player who should still be on the team come October, Adam Henrique (@AdamHenrique) will be doing a AMA with RedditHockey at 6 PM
— Adam Henrique (@AdamHenrique) June 21, 2016