Do you ever have those Carrie Bradshaw moments? You know, the ones where you think “I wish I could wear something like that?” Realistically, why can’t you? For anyone that has watched Sex and the City, you’ll probably be familiar with the pale pink tulle skirt featured in the first season. Of course, I’ve always been in the mindset of, “who the hell wears a tulle skirt,” but my obsession with the idea has grown in recent months and, paired correctly, could prove to be a fun outfit. And no Pink Puckers, I’m not sending you out to try this on your own – I purchased a tulle skirt and no surprise, I love it.
There is something simplistic and beautiful when pairing leather with tulle. The combination gives a mysterious effect, “is this woman a ballerina or biker chick?” Perhaps she’s a little bit of both. Adding in an NHL t-shirt won’t leave anyone wondering if you’re a hockey fan.
- Cropped Leather Jacket: I believe that every lady should have a leather jacket in her closet. It can tone down a dress, or dress up a pair of jeans. A good quality leather jacket will stick with you for life, at least hopefully. Spending a little extra money on a well made jacket will help ensure its longevity — fashion trends come and go, but leather jackets always remain in the game. In terms of this look, I chose a cropped option to pair with the skirt, but a non-cropped jacket will give the same effect.
- Tulle Skirt: When I forayed into hockey, I was also a dancer and tulle skirts were my favorite accessory. Twenty plus years later, the tulle skirt isn’t just for six-year-old ballerinas anymore. While this isn’t an item you’re going to be regularly wearing, owning one is a fun addition to the wardrobe. You may not initially believe it, but the tulle skirt is a versatile piece – you can wear it with a t-shirt, or a dressier shirt and statement necklace. Pair it with a leather jacket as mentioned above, or a wrap, the options are endless.
- Team T-Shirt: This outfit can be paired with a t-shirt from your team of choice, however, the New York Rangers seemed like an appropriate choice. Definitely tuck the shirt into your skirt for a completed look.
- Clutch: Choose a wild clutch that gives a nice visual break to the overall outfit, a statement piece that pops. I chose a clutch that paired well color wise, but added a new dimension to the look.
- Nail Polish: If I’m being honest, I no longer know if nude nails are in or out, but regardless, I love the soft nude blush color of this polish.
- Black Suede Booties: Another piece that everyone should own in their arsenal. Black suede booties pair well with jeans, shorts, skirts, leggings, tights, and of course tulle skirts! The suede is a nice way to break up the leather, of course you could wear leather booties too but why not have a reason to buy a new pair of shoes.
- Statement Earrings: For a classic look, wear an up-do and statement earrings. If you’re going for a more wild child vibe, hair down with the earrings peeking out. Either way, a nice pair of statement earrings brings a dash of glam to the ensemble.
As always, pair the look and alter the color scheme to match the team that holds your heart.