Photo credit: Jayne Kamin-Oncea/USA Today
If you or someone you know is 19 or under and interested in learning how to play hockey like a pro, this is a great opportunity. Olympians Julie Chu and Caroline Ouellette will be in Los Angeles to host a Play Like A Girl hockey camp. It will be a two day camp on June 11th and 12th, 2014 at Toyota Sports Center in El Segundo (just a few miles south of the LAX airport).
- Tied for second most decorated female in Winter Olympic Games history
- Key member and assistant captain of Team USA, Chu has 3 Olympic Silver Medals from 2002, 2010 and 2014 Winter Games and 1 Bronze from 2006 Winter Games .
- Winner of Patty Kazmaier Memorial Award in 2007, given annually to the top collegiate female hockey player in the United States
- In 129 games played at Harvard University, she recorded 284 points in 4 years.
- Ranked 2nd in all-time NCAA scoring
- All-time NCAA assists leader
- Served as Captain for Team Canada in the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
- Holds 4 Olympic Gold Medals from 2002, 2006, 2010 and 2014 Winter Olympic Games
- In 97 games played for the University of Minnesota-Duluth, Ouellette recorded 229 points
- 2005 Finalist for the Patty Kazmaier Memorial Award
- Ranked 11th overall in all-time NCAA scoring, and 3rd in all-time Duluth Bulldogs scoring
Camp fees are $150 and include one hour a day of on-ice instruction and a meet and greet/Q&A with the highly decorated Olympians. There are still spots available to take advantage of this incredible opportunity. To sign up or for more information, go to lakings.com/girlshockey.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email the LA Kings Fan Development Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (310)535-4472.