We’ve all seen some extensive nail artwork in our day, with teeny tiny team logos and designs adorning one or all nails. Sure, here at the Pink Puck we’re artsy and creative, but our skill-set is limited when the canvas is literally a thumbnail.
If you want your nails to have a hockey flair heading into the season, give our tutorial a try.
DIY: Goalie Mask Nails
Black Nail Polish
White Nail Polish
1 bottle Nail Polish in your favorite teams color
Butt end of makeup brush or a pencil eraser
1. Paint your thumbnail(s) white. You’ll probably need 2-3 coats here so it’s completely white and not splotchy. Allow the nail to completely dry, you don’t want it to be tacky either, but completely dry!
2. Lightly dip the butt end of a makeup brush or pencil eraser, whichever tool you’re using into the black nail polish. Make two eye circles 1/4 way down from the tip of your nail.
3. Grab your toothpick and dab it into the black polish, so you have a tiny glob on the end, place two tiny dots above each eye circle – you’ll have four dots in total.
4. Next, make 3 tiny dots in a line underneath each eye circle.
5. Finally, on the outside of each 3 dot line, you’ll need to make a small triangle of dots in a 2, then one pattern.
6. Paint your remaining nails a team color of your choice or if you’re feeling crazy paint the whole set hockey mask style!