Most of us are guilty of loving the good old mac and cheese from the blue box, delicious and probably not so nutritious. For us, mac and cheese will always be part of the monthly meal rotation. We put a new twist on the old version, it’s quick and easy to make and will have you or your entire family dreaming of more on your way to the rink. We bring you Bacon, Asparagus and Brie Mac and Cheese – if you’re vegetarian, it’s just as good without the bacon, trust us, we’ve tried in both ways.
- 1 lb mini shells pasta, but almost any kind will ultimately work.
- 4 Tbs Butter
- 1-1.5 cups of Milk, if you like a thicker consistency, use 1 cup, 1.5 cups for a slightly lighter texture.
- 8 oz Brie Cheese
- 4-6 slices of Bacon chopped, the microwavable kind is perfect for quick cooking and cleanup
- 1 bag Frozen Asparagus cooked and sliced into 1 inch pieces
- Bring water to a boil and add pasta, cook until al dente
- While pasta is cooking, heat your asparagus and bacon, chop both and put to the side.
- Once cooked, drain pasta and place back in pot
- Add Butter and Milk and stir on low heat until melted thoroughly
- Add chunks of the Brie Cheese (not the white casing) and stir until you get a smooth consistency, if it looks too thick, add splashes of milk until you reach desired consistency.
- Stir in asparagus and bacon
- Spoon into bowls and enjoy!