The temperatures are rising and sometimes you just want a sweet treat. These coconut “klondike” cups are delicious, easy to make and even easier to eat. Plus, they look like a puck resting on top of ice – win win!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Freezing time: 20 minutes
1.5 cups shredded coconut
1 can Coconut Cream (usually found in the organic aisle, our pick is from Trader Joes)
1/2 cup Coconut Oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1 bag dark chocolate chips (our pick Ghiradelli 60% dark chocolate chips)
1. Place all ingredients, except the chocolate chips in a bowl and blend well with an electric mixer.
2. Place 12 paper or silicone liners in a muffin tin.
3. Use a large spoon and put about 2 tablespoons of the coconut mixture per paper cup, press down so the mixture is compact in the cup.
4. Once all of your cups are filled, melt your chocolate. Easiest and fastest way is to place chocolate in a microwave safe container and microwaving at 20-30 second intervals until melted.
5. Spoon approximately 1-1.5 tablespoon chocolate per cup, covering the coconut completely.
6. Freeze cups for about 20 minutes and bon appetite!
*Store leftover cups in the freezer and grab a sweet treat whenever you fancy.
**Variation, if you don’t like chocolate, just freeze the coconut mixture for a cool frozen treat.